We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join Kor Structural (“KOR”) as a full-time Structural Engineer-in-Training for a wide range of projects. The position offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a varied background that includes both technical skills and construction experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare structural design calculations and design details.
- Establish structural analysis models using applicable software.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
- Coordinate the work with the drafting team to develop structural drawings and details.
- Work closely with the other engineers in the office.
- Write technical reports.
- Complete projects under company guidelines, while meeting set deadlines to our internal high standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in Structural (Masters degree in Structural Engineering desirable).
- Must be eligible for registration as an Engineer-in-Training with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC).
- Knowledge of the National Building Code and BC Building Code.
- Proficient in using structural analysis in programs such as SAP.
- Additional knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit Structure, SAFE and ETABS, and S-Concrete is not mandatory but would be considered a valuable asset. We are willing to provide in office training.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Trustworthy and hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and can draw rational conclusions from information available.
- Considerable knowledge and skills with computers and applicable software and digital office/field equipment.
- Highly effective written and oral communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with Clients, Contractors, Trades personnel, Engineers, etc. and to resolve situations requiring immediate judgement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
- Self-motivated and passionate about everything you do.
- Thrive on learning modern technologies and applying your knowledge.
- Desire to continually improve systems and innovate.
- Love what you do and have fun doing it.
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Willingness to learn on the job and ask questions.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates professionalism and has a desire to grow both professionally and personally. This person is a team player, always shows a positive attitude towards clients and contractors, and strives for constant improvement in process and delivery.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please respond via email with your resume and cover letter in PDF format with “Structural EIT” in the subject line or attach to this form.
No phone calls, please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those short-listed, will be contacted for an interview.