Full-Time Structural Site Inspector
We are looking for a passionate and experienced individual to join Kor Structural (“KOR”) as a full-time Structural Site Inspector for a wide range of projects, including high-rise and low-rise residential, mixed-use developments and office buildings, commercial, light industrial, institutional, and recreational structures. Excellent knowledge of wood-frame structures and reinforcing is essential. The position offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate with a varied background that includes both technical skills and construction experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working under the direction of senior staff members, you will perform field reviews of structural components of buildings under construction.
- Represent KOR at job site meetings with contractors and other consultants.
- Preparation of detailed field review reports.
- Coordinate structural work with other disciplines.
- Bring site and design issues to the attention of the KOR design team.
- Minimum two (2) years of site review experience is required.
- Previous structural experience is required.
- Experience in construction and/or consulting field an asset.
- Must have valid BC Class 5 driver’s license and own reliable vehicle (will be reimbursed for mileage charges).
- Working knowledge of Newforma Project Centre is an asset.
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence.
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail.
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Trustworthy and hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility.
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Knowledge of applicable health, safety and environmental protection rules and regulations and how they apply to the workplace.
- Considerable knowledge and skills with computers and applicable software and digital office/field equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, and to plan and schedule the work of contractors.
- Highly effective written and oral communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with Clients, Contractors, Trades personnel, Engineers, etc. and to resolve situations requiring immediate judgement.
- Ability to climb ladders and multiple stair levels, work in confined spaces, at heights, and to be prepared for all weather outdoor inspections.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
- Self-motivated and passionate about everything you do.
- Thrive on learning modern technologies and applying your knowledge.
- Desire to continually improve systems and innovate.
- Love what you do and have fun doing it.
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work on a flexible schedule (occasional after hours and Saturday work is often required).
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates professionalism and has a desire to grow both professionally and personally. This person is a team player, always shows a positive attitude towards clients and contractors, and strives for constant improvement in process and delivery.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please respond via the form below with your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
No phone calls please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those short-listed, will be contacted for an interview.