Contract Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant
We are looking to fill a maternity leave replacement position running 16* months: October 12, 2021, through February 28, 2023 (*with possibility to extend). This position is full-time with a flexible 7.5-hour workday (1/2-hour unpaid break) schedule within the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Upon successful completion of three (3) months of continuous employment, the successful candidate will be eligible for our company-paid benefit package, which includes extended health benefits (basic life insurance accidental death and dismemberment, critical illness, long-term disability, extended health care, including paramedicals, and dental care).
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines and has strong analytical and multi-tasking abilities. Our new team member will be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy and an ability to prioritize tasks. More than just a bookkeeper! The Administrative/Bookkeeping Assistant will be directly assisting the Office Manager with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, general bookkeeping functions, document preparation, project maintenance, and general administrative duties.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Posting vendor bills, reconciling vendor statements to ensure accuracy, and preparing payments in a timely manner.
- Tracking/processing company credit card spending and expense reports. Reconciliation of same.
- Reconciliation of multiple bank statements.
- General data entry and record keeping.
- Understanding of GST/PST rules and regulations, and application of same.
- Issuing payments by both cheque and EFT/Wire.
- Review and process online banking transactions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to process full-cycle project invoicing.
- Process time and billing invoices, including managing time on hold and time written off.
- Process client payments, retainers, discounts, bad debts, liens.
- Collection calls, tracking, and reporting.
- Respond to client inquiries.
Project Maintenance and Other Duties
- Setup up new projects and maintain existing projects in Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint. Knowledge of Deltek Vision and/or Deltek Vantagepoint is an asset but not required.
- Weekly data entry and reporting of time and billing to Project Managers.
- Assisting with semi-monthly payroll and recording associated transaction entries.
- Reviewing employee timesheets for accurate project reporting and invoicing.
- Ensuring that professional engineering licenses and company certifications, software licenses, business licenses, and alarm permits are up to date.
- Company document preparation (fee proposals and professional letters), editing, and proofreading.
- General office administrative duties as assigned (data and file management, data entry, etc.).
- Supporting other departments and staff when required (answering, screening, and forwarding incoming calls while the receptionist is away/on break, conducting research, etc.).
- Recordkeeping and reconciliations with numerous Excel tracking spreadsheets
- Assist with GL account reconciliations and year-end reporting.
- Follow all COVID-19 cleaning and safety protocols, including masks and distancing within the office.
- Proficient in English language both written and oral.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Windows OS. Strong practical knowledge of Excel required.
- Proven experience with full payroll cycle (minimum 2+ years working in payroll).
- Proven experience in an accounting and administration role (minimum 2+ years). Knowledge of full cycle accounting an asset.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is not required, but would be considered an asset; otherwise, on the job training will be provided.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Provide a high degree of accuracy and completeness in work and be accountable for schedule and efficiency.
- Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to coordinate with internal staff and clients.
- Maintain quality of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Dependable, motivated, and willing to work extra hours when required.
- Effectively manage multiple assignments and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Detail-orientated with excellent critical thinking, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Logical, good with numbers, and quick to learn new processes and software.
- Able to work efficiently autonomously and collaboratively.
- Must agree to adhere to all Kor Structural health and safety policies, including COVID-19 policies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
- Self-motivated and passionate about everything you do.
- Thrive on learning modern technologies and applying your knowledge.
- Desire to continually improve systems and innovate.
- Love what you do and have fun doing it.
- Great interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Willingness to learn on the job, ask questions, and assume responsibility.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who consistently demonstrates professionalism and has a desire to grow both professionally and personally. This person is a team player, always shows a positive attitude towards clients and contractors, and strives for constant improvement in process and delivery.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please respond via email to careers [at] korstructural [dot] com with your resume and cover letter in PDF format with “Administrative & Bookkeeping Assistant ” in the subject line. Or attach your resume and cover letter to this form.
The application deadline is September 30, 2021.
No phone calls, please. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those short-listed, will be contacted for an interview.